Friday, August 22, 2008

busy busy busy

well, once again it has been a while since i've posted here, but in my defense the past 2 weeks have been some of the busiest days of my life. I had to move out of my apartment (am now in the of searching for a new one -- the suspense!), plus my best friend got married and I was the maid-of-honor, PLUS my parents are in the middle of selling their house so i've been helping them prepare. so yeah, i've been kinda burnt out lately due to lack of 'art time' (art = best de-stresser ever). this weekend's gonna be like a vacation for me with all the art i'm gonna do. :P

in other news, i finally received my amazon order for Henry Yan's Figure Drawing book, and it's simply AMAZING. *__* For those that don't know who Henry Yan is, he's a long-time instructor at the Academy of Art University in SFO, and he's as good as they get when it comes to figure drawing:
this is one of my favorite drawings by him... very classical, yet so loose & painterly. he's seriously skilled at handling charcoal, so I'm trying to learn from him... I even bought a bunch of vine charcoal a few weeks ago and tried out his technique at the AA model sessions. i'll post my attempts after i get a bit better! (right now I kinda suck at charcoal :X)

will get some new art posted soon! it's always so hard to get around to it D:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your own figure drawing! Start posting more regularly :P!